What Is An Efficient Way To Sanitize A CPAP Machine?
A CPAP machine is a device to help a person who is suffering from sleep apnea. This machine increases air pressure to the throat, for easier breathing during sleeping. CPAP therapy is the most effective treatment for patients’ obstructive sleep apnea, and this is why it is important to clean and sanitize your CPAP machine regularly. Your CPAP machine can be a conduit for germs and bacteria. Maintenance on your CPAP machine is highly recommended and can help you be healthy and eliminate the spread of harmful germs. Regular cleaning also prolongs the life expectancy of your CPAP machine.
The Best Way to Clean the CPAP Machine
The mask and tubing are the most used part of your CPAP machine. Use warm water and mild soap to clean your machine and other accessories.
- Dismantle your CPAP machine and follow the instructions given in the user manual. Most machines are easy to disassemble for cleaning purposes. Make sure to unplug your machine first and proceed to disconnect your mask and tubing from their connector points. Remove any water chamber if you have one
- Use a soft cloth and apply it with warm water. Gently wipe down the exterior side of your CPAP machine.
- Fill up a sink or basin with mild soap and warm water.
- Put in your mask, tubing and any accessories and let them sit for at least 30 minutes and actively wash the out.
- Rinse them with clean water before letting all of them air-dry.
- Reassemble back your CPAP machine.
Most CPAP machines comes with disposable filters. This should be thrown out and replaced with a new one every month. Reusable filters should be washed once a week. Air-dry them before placing them back into your CPAP machine. Thoroughly cleaning your machine will remove any facial oils and residues but it does not sanitize the exterior of your machine. This can cause sickness and infection. CPAP sanitizers are a convenient way to kill those bacteria that may still reside on your machine and equipment. Sanitizing your CPAP machine is not a replacement for cleaning. A thorough cleaning is still required.
Is CPAP Machine Sanitizer Worthwhile?
Currently in the market, there are several CPAP machine sanitizers for you to choose from. Most of them uses ozone or oxygenated air clean all your equipment and accessories. This type of sanitizers easily kills 99.9% of harmful germs and bacteria. Most cycles when using the sanitizer only takes about five minutes but users should wait for up to two hours before using the CPAP machine again.
Getting a CPAP Machine Sanitizer from Patient Solutions LLC
At Patient Solutions LLC, we are dedicated to providing the best customer services care to all of our clients. Our company is entirely focused on helping our customers find the right product for them. We make high quality medical equipment, CPAP supplies, nebulizers, knee scooters and more and pride ourselves in our knowledge of the health industry. Feel free to contact us if you have any enquiry and we will be happy to serve you.